How do I charge my car battery?
Follow our tips on how to use a car battery charger:
- If your battery has obvious wear, we recommend getting a new battery.
- We recommend getting advice from your local Atomic Battery Specialist for the correct charger and charging process for your vehicle.
- Follow the manufacturer instructions. Even if you’ve charged a battery before, we recommend following the instructions again to keep everyone safe.
Once the charger is connected it can take up to 24 hours to fully charge a flat battery.
Check out our Atomic Battery Chargers.
Handle with care.
For your own safety we recommend you have your battery checked and tested by a professional.
- Do not place metallic objects on top of the battery as this may cause the battery to short
- Keep flames and sparks away from batteries as they contain hydrogen gas and may catch fire or explode
- Batteries contain sulphuric acid so make sure no part of your body or anything damageable comes into contact with the acid. If this happens, use large amounts of water to neutralise and flush acid away
- Batteries are heavy so use correct lifting procedures and if the battery has one, use the carry handle to move the battery